Saturday, October 24, 2009

I had xp with last computer and now have vista and it wont let me use my hotmail account for my windows email.?

The computer tells me it doesnt support http anymore and i have to use POP3 and IMAP. I have att for my internet service and i used my yahoo email account and it still doesnt work. tells me that it isnt a valid pop or imap address. Can anyone help please.
I had xp with last computer and now have vista and it wont let me use my hotmail account for my windows email.?
Hotmail is web based mail! All you have to do is go to your mail website just as you always did! Aint got crap to do with Vista. You tryin to use windows mail to access it? You need to set up the pop3 and smtp but its foolish in the first place! If you used your home based email client to receive your hotmail, you are in effect downloading mail before you even look at it. Good way to get a virus.
Reply:You should be able to surf to your yahoo mail via the browser. If you can't something is installed wrong. I have vista on one of my computers, I hate it but the web mail works OK.





If you can't surf to web mail like hotmail, try running all the updates for Vista. If that doesn't work, reinstall internet explorer. you still cant get there, chances are you need to reinstall the operating system (vista).





I assume that you are talking about a program like outlook express. Microsoft adds and takes away functionality all the time. my suggestion is to try Thunderbird mail, you can find it at:


http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/th...





It's free and it doesn't try to protect you from yourself like most Microsoft products do.








Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

hotmail account Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting